Musical Interlude: "Serenity Junction" and the ghost of McCoy Tyner

I often qualify the music I post online, saying I'm still rusty, that it works well enough despite the imperfections, and so on.  Not this time.  I'm completely happy with these two recordings.  (Actually, I don't have any problems with the last one I posted, either.)

These were both recorded on the same day.  The first is an improvisation which develops into something meant to conjure the spirit of McCoy Tyner:



Second, an original composition I'm calling "Serenity Junction":



If you're paying attention, you'll notice that the first recording is actually based on the opening of "Serenity Junction."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Argument For Compatibilism

Coco, The Book of Life: What's the Difference?

The Unintended Irony of Birdman and Big Hero 6